Missing e-mail notifications of messages

claude.almansi

10 Apr, 2012 01:25 PM

My settings for Universal Subtitles / Amara messages are to get them both in my Amara inbox and via e-mail. However, via e-mail, I only receive things sent by the software, e.g. when someone joins or leaves a team, or a video gets added to a team, or someone has worked on the subtitles of a video I follow. Personal messages, as well as notifications of replies in this help forum's discussions, are not transmitted to my e-mail address.

I think I used to get personal messages via e-mail too, but I'm not sure. Is there a way to get them this way, further than what I've already done with the settings?

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Claude Almansi

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by mbrowne on 17 Apr, 2012 06:19 AM

Hi Claude,

To clarify -- had you been receiving these notifications and then they stopped?

And have you searched your spam folder to see if things are getting filtered there?

Best regards,

Marisa

2. 3 Posted by claude.almansi on 17 Apr, 2012 07:49 AM

Hi, Marisa,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, I used to receive them and no, they are not in the spam folder. The funny thing is that I still do get email notifications for software-generated messages (e.g. when someone adds subtitles a video I'm following).
    Best,
    Claude

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by mbrowne on 18 Apr, 2012 04:45 AM

Hi Claude,

I'm going to send this along and hope to have answers for you soon.

Best regards,

Marisa

4. Support Staff 5 Posted by mbrowne on 18 Apr, 2012 06:13 AM

Claude,

I found out the broken site notifications is a known issue and should be fixed by next week. Tender's emails are not something we control (it must be an issue with Tender's operations). We are changing over to a new system for our support area soon, so in the case that Tender's issue doesn't get resolved, this should not be a problem with the new system.

Best regards,

Marisa

5. mbrowne closed this discussion on 18 Apr, 2012 06:13 AM.

6. claude.almansi re-opened this discussion on 18 Apr, 2012 06:30 AM

7. 6 Posted by claude.almansi on 18 Apr, 2012 06:30 AM

Thanks for having checked the Amara side, Marisa. Actually, the Tender notifications started arriving again now :D

When you move to another support system,
    - will you be able to import to it the Tender discussions? - will it be possible for users to check themselves if an issue has been reported to the technicians? (someone put a link to something the reports database once, but it was password-protected: it would be nice if it could at least be viewable)

8. Support Staff 7 Posted by mbrowne on 18 Apr, 2012 10:09 PM

Hi Claude,

I've written to the helpdesk of our new helpdesk (which is through Freshdesk) to find out these answers, and will keep you posted as I get information.

Best regards,

Marisa

9. Support Staff 8 Posted by mbrowne on 19 Apr, 2012 08:05 PM

Claude,

To answer your first question, Tender discussions will be imported to Freshdesk. I don't yet have an answer to your second question.

Best regards,

Marisa

10. mbrowne closed this discussion on 19 Apr, 2012 08:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac