SRT download file unavailable

's Avatar

shreyas

04 Apr, 2012 05:14 PM

Hi there,

I wanted to download the set file of "The poetry of science - Richard dawkins and Neil deGrasse Tyson' but when i click on download and the drop down menu comes up.
i click on SRT but a TXT file gets downloaded.

Please correct this problem and help me get an SRT file.

Kind regards,
Shreyas
Mumbai, India

1. 1 Posted by claude.almansi on 09 Apr, 2012 08:25 AM

Hi Shreyas,

I can't reproduce the issue you described when I download the .srt file from http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/8Mt5lT5I4VPJ/en/257585/ so it has probably been fixed in the meantime. See the attached .srt file I downloaded, attached

Actually, the file you attached IS the .srt file of these subtitles; it only has an extra .txt at the end of the file name.. If you just remove thi ".txt" at the end, it will work properly.

I was just wondering: when you downloaded the file, did you perhaps choose "Open with...." instead of "Save the file"? Because when you open an .srt file with some text editing softwares, when you save it again, then you get that kind of names ending in .srt.txt

Best,

Claude

PS I'm just a user, like you.

2. 2 Posted by Shreyas on 09 Apr, 2012 08:32 AM

Thanks Claude!

Mighty kind of you!

Cheers! :)

3. 3 Posted by claude.almansi on 09 Apr, 2012 09:06 AM

My pleasure: other people helped me when I was learning about closed captions, and you'll be able to help other people too. I can still remember the thrill, 5 years ago, when I finally understood that subtitles in closed captioning were actually a very light text file that runs together with the video.

Cheers,

Claude

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• The_Poetry_of_Science_Richard_Dawkins_and_Neil_deGrasse_Tys....en.srt.txt 93.9 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Jan, 2017 12:35 AM
25 Oct, 2016 05:48 PM
26 Sep, 2016 03:12 AM