Can't edit my subtitles (ru) after changing timing in original (en) subtitles

's Avatar

kuntashov

20 Mar, 2012 09:36 PM

I've just finished translating subtitles one of the Berkley's SaaS-class video into Russian

http://www.universalsubtitles.org/ru/videos/nxZcUTti0Rcx/ru/256744/...

Just as I submitted my last revision (number 4, 100% done), I've got the email that says that 100% timing of original subtites was changed.

Since then I could not open my transleted subtitles to edit them according changes in English subtitles. How can I edit them?

Unfortunatly I have no downloaded copy.

On left-side bar on the page
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/ru/videos/nxZcUTti0Rcx/ru/256744/...
I can see that Spanish and Russian subtitles have "in progress" status (red bullet). What does it mean?

I would really appreciate any help to recover my 3-hour work on subtitles translation.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by m.shamraeva on 21 Mar, 2012 08:33 AM

Hi,

Sorry you had a problem while using our software.

Please find attached a recovered version of your subtitles in SRT format, which can be uploaded to the video. If you need help with uploading, please feel free to ask, we'll be happy to help.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience!

Best regards,

Margarita Shamraeva
    Universal Subtitles

2. m.shamraeva closed this discussion on 21 Mar, 2012 08:33 AM.

3. Alexander Kuntashov re-opened this discussion on 21 Mar, 2012 03:31 PM

4. 2 Posted by Alexander Kunta... on 21 Mar, 2012 03:31 PM

Thank you Margarita, I've uploaded attached subtitles and they appeared in subtitles list for this video.

But what about other translations that dissapeared just as my ones yesterday? I know that there was Spanish translation for this video (and for other videos too) and they were lost.

There was also Russian subtitles for this video - http://www.universalsubtitles.org/ru/videos/PpxcUaIQ8E9l/info/51-te...
    and again they dissapeared.

Please, help us to recover them.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by m.shamraeva on 22 Mar, 2012 08:04 AM

Hi Alexander,

Thank you very much for reporting the issue. The Spanish and Russian subtitles you mentioned have been recovered and uploaded to the site.

If there are more subtitles missing, please keep us informed - we'll do our best to find and repair them.

We are sincerely sorry for any inconveniences caused by this problem. The technical issue causing it should be resolved soon.

Best regards,

Margarita Shamraeva Universal Subtitles

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac