Incorrect naming for the "Chinese, Traditional" language

langtechie

15 Mar, 2012 11:45 PM

Hi,

I just registered to be a volunteer translator/subtitler for the language named "Chinese, Traditional". I am a native speaker of it and I write it. However, I noticed that the Chinese characters inside parenthesis for "Chinese, Traditional" is incorrect.

The current wording (簡體字) means "Simplified Chinese", which is another language. It should mean Traditional Chinese, and the correct character for Traditional Chinese should be: 正體中文

The incorrect wording would cause speakers of that language to consider your site not politically correct or friendly to them. Even though it is just an honest mistake, it can be misconceived to be politically motivated. Please correct the wording as soon as possible!

By the way, please correct all the places involving language selection. There may be more than one instance.

Thank you!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Craig Zheng on 16 Mar, 2012 12:48 AM

Thanks for reaching out. This is already in the pipeline to be fixed and should be live next week :-)

2. Craig Zheng closed this discussion on 16 Mar, 2012 12:48 AM.

3. langtechie re-opened this discussion on 16 Mar, 2012 02:10 AM

4. 2 Posted by langtechie on 16 Mar, 2012 02:10 AM

Awesome!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac