Wrong original language

's Avatar

in-spam-we-trust

27 Feb, 2012 05:57 PM

I would like to subtitle this french short film :
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/9ii9RYvDfhia/info/The%2...
The original language has been set to English even though it is French. Is there a way I can set the original language to French ?

1. 1 Posted by seelanpalay on 29 Feb, 2012 08:46 AM

I've been having the same issue with several videos. One problem I'm having at the Southeast Asia team page is that every video is stating that English subtitles are in progress when they haven't even been started on: universalsubtitles.org/teams/engagemedia

Then when anyone does want to add English subtitles, they have to select "English, British". This problem did not occur before. Can someone please help?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by m.shamraeva on 01 Mar, 2012 10:06 AM

Hi,

The original language for the French video has been reset. If there is something else that needs to be done about this video, please let me know.

Happy subtitling!

Margarita Shamraeva
    Universal Subtitles

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by m.shamraeva on 01 Mar, 2012 10:21 AM

Seelan,

Could you please give an example of a video where a language labeled "in progress" cannot be edited? I was not able to reproduce the issue with a randomly selected video from your team - for example, for http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/PbJEWaeT9WC0/info/PostP... I can start editing Thai subtitles without even signing in to the site. We could help you better if we had an example. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Margarita Shamraeva
    Universal Subtitles

4. 4 Posted by seelanpalay on 02 Mar, 2012 07:00 AM

Hi Margarita, I can't recall which instance/s it happened, but I'll get a screenshot if it happens again.

For example here: http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/TDAAA6sZBBQW/info/Kolding/

When I try to select 'English' it states that 'English' is in progress, and so I can only select English, British. And the subs had to be done in 'English, British', which is not ideal.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by m.shamraeva on 02 Mar, 2012 11:12 AM

Seelan,

Here is the screenshot of what I see when attempting to subtitle this video into English. Is it different from what you see?

For this particular video, the simplest solution seems to be renaming English, British translation to just plain English. Would you like it to be done?

Best regards,

Margarita Shamraeva
    Universal Subtitles

6. 6 Posted by Uberta on 03 Mar, 2012 02:29 PM

Hi,
    I typed today the subtitles in Italian for one half of the Video about "Sacred Economy" with Charles Eisenstein.
    But, while the first 29 lines appear rightly as in Italian Language, the following lines (up to line 41) I added later, are named as if they were in English... It is probably my fault, but I do not know how to correct it... please, help!

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by m.shamraeva on 06 Mar, 2012 11:32 AM

Hi,

Your Italian subtitles have been uploaded to http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/AfGzhtGZnKXe/it/246354/ - please do check.

Happy subtitling!

Margarita Shamraeva
    Universal Subtitles

8. 8 Posted by seelanpalay on 13 Mar, 2012 08:57 AM

Hi Margarita, I noticed that the languages selections in the drop down menu has been modified to include the native version of the languages in brackets. That's good but it starts looking pretty messy for options like "British, English".

Anyway, could you please help me change the original language of this video to just "English"?

http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en-gb/videos/h47QIi1APH21/info/Su...

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by m.shamraeva on 14 Mar, 2012 09:56 AM

Seelan,

The language you requested has been reset.

Regarding double naming of languages throughout our site, this is bound to change again over the next few days.

Best regards,

Margarita Shamraeva
    Universal Subtitles

10. 10 Posted by seelanpalay on 16 Mar, 2012 05:18 AM

Thank you Magarita! That's a relief :)

11. 11 Posted by margita on 17 Mar, 2012 11:05 PM

Hi there,
    I've just uploaded new subs to the czech video called "hotkarot pr" - the subs are in english, however, as I'm a bit stupid or what, I've labeled it as czech - I can't find a way to fix it - is there any way to re-label it? Video is here: http://www.universalsubtitles.org/cs/videos/aYUyFF8cUa4I/info/pr14%...
    Thanks!
    Margita

12. Support Staff 12 Posted by m.shamraeva on 19 Mar, 2012 10:53 AM

Hi Margita,

As you have already figured out how to save your subtitles as English, I've just deleted the redundant "Czech" track - hope this is what you wanted, but in case it isn't, please let me know.

Happy subtitling!

Margarita Shamraeva
    Universal Subtitles

13. 13 Posted by seelanpalay on 15 May, 2012 05:03 AM

Hopefully soon, team admins will be able to delete and edit languages for videos themselves. This would save both USubs and users lots of time.

14. 14 Posted by Uberta Sebregon... on 18 May, 2012 07:41 PM

I was willing to help translating into Italian, but had too many
    technical problems wich hindered me from completing the video...

2012/5/15 seelanpalay
    <[email blocked]>:

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Jan, 2017 12:35 AM
25 Oct, 2016 05:48 PM
26 Sep, 2016 03:12 AM