Trying to delete a translation

's Avatar

bozkuhi

30 Jan, 2012 06:06 PM

HI, Am working on the PNN sample video PARAZIT 20, I put in a bad french translation by mistake and need to start over or delete it.

I can't seem to make it go away or find a "delete this translation" button.

Let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by m.shamraeva on 31 Jan, 2012 08:40 AM

Hi,

Thank you for using Universal Subtitles.

Did you mean this track - http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/N6Y2jMtFifES/fr/228852? If you really wish, I can delete it, but you can start s new version over the old one - just start editing these subtitles and click "Restart This Step" button in the subtitling dialog.

To permanently delete a subtitle track, you need to be an administrator of the system. Regular users do not have this privilege.

Please let me know what works best for you.

Best regards,

Margarita Shamraeva
    Universal Subtitles

2. 2 Posted by Bruce on 31 Jan, 2012 12:07 PM

Hi, Yes, that is the track I need to delete. I had tried to use Google translate and then upload an .srt file but then saw I needed to re-sync everything again.

I will use the Bing translator on the English the next time I do it, because the English is synced perfectly and if I use that as the basis language, I can eliminate the sync step on each new language. (will eventually have German, French, Italian, and Arabic)

Please delete the French one I have there now so I can re do it.
    Thanks,
    B

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by m.shamraeva on 01 Feb, 2012 09:14 AM

Hi Bruce,

You should be all set now.

A small hint: I see that you attempted to upload subtitles from a file in SRT format, right? If in general you are happy with the text and the timing of French subtitles in your file, you can remove trailing spaces at the end of block number lines (they messed up your) and try to upload it again.

However, after upload you will not be able to edit French side-by-side with English - this is possible only with dependent translations created with the use of the translation dialog.

Best regards,

Margarita Shamraeva
    Universal Subtitles

4. m.shamraeva closed this discussion on 01 Feb, 2012 09:14 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac