Support Staff2 Posted by m.shamraeva on 08 Dec, 2011 05:32 AM
Thank you for using UniversalSubtitles! We appreciate your
participation and your feedback.
Regarding your question, at this time subtitling dialog does not
support the use of line break symbols in the middle of a subtitle
block. However, you can import (upload) subtitles with line breaks
from a file in SRT format. Hence, the workaround - if line breaks
inside subtitle blocks are absolutely necessary, you can:
1. Create and sync subtitles with the use of
2. Download them to your computer as a file in SRT format.
3. Edit this file in a text editor of your choice, inserting line
breaks as desired (maximum 3 lines per block).
4. Save the file and upload it to universalsubtitles.org.
One caveat: once this is done, you will no longer be able to
edit your subtitles on-site, with the use of the subtitling dialog
- otherwise, the formatting will be lost.
HTML formatting of subtitles is not supported, either. The
reason is to make our subtitles compatible with the standards and
with various video players, which may fail to correctly process