Is it possible to have one single video? v

Abhimanyu Julaniya

24 Mar, 2012 07:43 PM

Hi,

I was wondering whether it is possible to have one single video for the entire lecture. Somehow watching each video separately is very time consuming and does not give the feel of attending a lecture. In addition, I think people are more likely to watch the entire lecture if it is in one single piece.

--

Abhi

1. 1 Posted by claude.almansi on 09 Apr, 2012 01:53 PM

Hi Abhi

I don't know which lecture you mean, Abhi, but in general, the arguments for several shorter videos are:

Watching a video is anyway a very different experience from attending a lecture.
    A long video can take ages to load if you have a slow or wobbly internet connection.
    If you have to interrupt watching to do something else, it can be difficult to find again the point where you stopped.

And as you asked on the Universal Subtitles / Amara help forum:

Transcribing (i.e. the first stage of subtitling with Amara) is usually a one-person job, because others are afraid to mess up the transcript in progress by adding things in the wrong place. So if you want to produce collaboratively on the subtitles for a long lecture, it is easier to work together on that if its video is divided in smaller parts, each of which different people can transcribe separately.

Best,

Claude

(just another user)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Jan, 2017 12:35 AM
25 Oct, 2016 05:48 PM
26 Sep, 2016 03:12 AM